- Get it really wet.
- Use a small amount of shampoo. A squirt about the size of a quarter is enough.
- Massage the shampoo into your scalp. Don’t scrub the scalp too hard.
- Rinse really well, until you don’t see any more bubbles or suds on your head or going down the drain.
- Gently dry your hair with a towel.
- Comb it out carefully with a wide-tooth comb, especially if it’s curly. Don’t yank or tug on it, because that can break the hair or pull it out.
- Let your hair air dry whenever you can. Hair dryers can be tough on hair.