Every year, the Geneva Motor Show proves to be one of the flashiest, most outrageous car shows that happen around the world — and 2018 is no exception. Luxury names like Porsche, Jaguar, and Aston Martin have shown up to try to make news alongside supercar brands like Lamborghini, Rimac, and McLaren, and the results are some of the wildest announcements we’ll see all year. Geneva is a car show that is very much about the future and the bizarre ideas that the people who work at these companies have for it.
Geneva Motor Show 2018: 10 key cars and the highlights
Audi A6– Audi’s all-new A6 executive saloon takes design cues from the larger A8.
• BMW X4 – Based on the X3, the new X4 offers similar styling in a sleek coupe package.
•Cupra Ateca – Cupra’s first standalone model is a hot version of the SEAT Ateca SUV.
• Hyundai Santa Fe – The new Santa Fe is bigger than its predecessor and also comes with hybrid power.
• Kia Ceed – The apostrophe is gone, but its hatchback charm remains as the new Ceed takes aim at the VW Golf.
• Mercedes A-Class – More space and a sportier look for the new A-Class, plus a high-tech interior.
• Peugeot 508 – Peugeot’s new family saloon is inspired by its Instinct concept with a bold new look.
• Skoda Fabia – Diesel dropped from the range, as the facelifted Fabia reveals subtle design changes.
• Toyota Gazoo Racing Supra – The Supra name will finally be reborn, but it could be badged as Gazoo Racing.
• Volvo V60 – New V60 estate has range of petrol and diesel options, with T6 and T8 plug-in hybrids to follow.
Catch most of Geneva Motor Show 2018 highlights using the #GIMS2018 hashtag on Twitter.