Kelvin Nwaka, a Facebook user took to his timeline some statistical figures on the 2015 election & factual reasons why President Buhari remains in the position to win in 2019 if he seeks reelection.
–2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS BY GEOPOLITICAL ZONEZ
Buhari 418,590 Jonathan 4,714,725
EXISTED FACTS IN 2015 BUT NOW ABSENT.
(1) Jonathan was the incumbent President, with plenty of funds from the Central Bank to share. This is no longer available to the next PDP candidate.
(2) PDP had above twenty Governors in 2015 and now they have just eleven, thereby reducing their areas of influence.
(3) PDP had Ministers from all the States in 2015 and now has none.
(4) Ondo and Ekiti States from the South West, were under the PDP, Ondo is gone and Ekiti will hold elections in July, 2018 and may be lost to APC.
(5) Anambra Governor worked for Jonathan in 2015, but will not work for PDP in 2019, because of the crisis between Obiano and Obi.
(6) Agricultural revolution, especially that of rice had not taken place in Kebbi and so many other states in 2015 as it is now.
(7) Boko haram has not been decimated in 2015 as it is now. More votes will certainly come to Buhari, from the North East because of this.
( The recent PDP Convention ostracized the South West, with a lot of PDP Yoruba Chieftains like Obanikoro, Folarin, Doyin Okukpe and a host of others leaving the party.
(9) The protracted PDP crisis between Modu Sheriff and Markafi, also led to the exodus of some key members of the party.
(10) No more religious and tribal cards in 2019, as was played by Jonathan and PDP in the entire Southern part of the country in 2015.
(11) Above all, Buhari is the working and workaholic incumbent. Patriotic and sensible Nigerians are beginning to see the positive side of him.
– Is his ascertions right? Please let’s have your thoughts about this.