Global Career Company – Our client, an international aluminium beverage can manufacturing company and a leader in this sector, is recruiting qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant Manager
Location: Agbara, Lagos
- We are currently looking for a Plant Manager for an International aluminium beverage can manufacturing company. The role will be based in Agbara, Nigeria.
- Candidates must have aluminium beverage can manufacturing experience.
- Expat relocation package offerred!!!
- Managing overall responsibility for manufacturing (overall production, maintenance, personnel, equipment and general plant performance),
- Managing and driving down direct and indirect manufacturing costs to meet the required return on sales,
- Managing strategic plant projects within cost and timelines,
- Coordinating plant project teams to enable them to achieve set objectives,
- Leading, managing, mentoring and coaching employees in areas of responsibility,
- Driving continuous improvement and related actions to achieve benchmark performance,
- Optimising productivity through the maintenance of machinery ,improvement of systems and work methods,
- Driving high EMUs and low Spoilage as agreed,
- Maintaining sound employee-relations with social partners, and drive discipline,
- Driving skills development and knowledge transfer.
- Ensuring that equipment, infrastructure and services are maintained to specification,
- Ensuring that the manufacturing environment operates at the required safety, health, environmental and food safety standards,
- Ensuring that the quality of the production meets the set specifications and standards,
- Liaising with customers, suppliers, and other business functions from time to time to address customer service issues,
- Have a relevant Engineering qualification (Degree or Diploma),
- Have sound knowledge and experience in the aluminium beverage can manufacturing industry,
- Have minimum of 8 years experience in a similar position and/or level,
- Have proven leadership and management experience in a high speed manufacturing environment,
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills,
- Be able to work in a pressured environment and have employee motivation for high performance,Demonstrate functional leadership capabilities.
- The ideal candidate must have B.Sc /Master’s Degree in Engineering. With hands on experience with experience in the aluminium beverage can manufacturing. This role will be based in Agbara, Nigeria and open to Expat candidates willing to relocate.
- Have well developed interpersonal skills in dealing with others at all levels,
- Be competent in MS Office/JDE,
- Have sound understanding of safety, health, risk and environmental management and legal requirements,
- Be self motivated and have strong leadership qualities,
- Be experienced in leadership and management of labour relations issues,
- Be familiar with quality management systems,
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply