Press releases have changed a lot over the years, especially since businesses have realized the importance of online marketing. But to use a press release effectively, there are some strategies. Here are some of the main reasons press releases have become so important:
- Announcing a new product or service. If you want to announce a new product or service, you can draft a press release and immediately get your news found on all major search engines and social media networks by using a press release distribution service. This also enables you to target thousands of journalists.
- Improving brand image. Because it has become so easy to publish and distribute a press release, companies can easily send out as many press releases as they want. Publishing more press releases more often is a good way to improve your brand’s image.
- Images help drive interest. Press releases now include images, videos and other multimedia, which means you can convey your message and news stories in more interesting ways than ever before.
- Instant world-wide distribution. Before online press releases had became common, most press releases were sent only to journalists. If not deemed worthy of press mention, they lived in a binder, on someone’s desk or in a building lobby. Now a press release can be distributed to millions of people around the world instantly through email and social media.
- Expanding public knowledge. By adding links to other Web pages within a press release, companies can direct readers to even more information about what they do.
- Viral possibilities. An online press release can go viral if people start sharing it over social media networks, thereby creating a buzz that was never possible with traditional press releases.
- Portability and convenience. People can read a press release anywhere on the Web or on their smartphones.
- Search engine optimization. By using specific keywords relating to your business, you can optimize your press release so people can easily access your company information through search engine use.