1. Coral and (2.) Amazonas are magazines published by Reef to Rainforest Media. They cover freshwater aquariums, “tropical discover”, coral reefs, and more. They pay $100 to $500 per article. To learn more, read their contributor guidelines.
3. BlueRidge Country is a bi-monthly magazine that embraces the “feel and spirit of the Blue Ridge region.” According to their website: “Our territory extends from Western Maryland south through Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley of Virginia down into northern Georgia, and includes all territory within about a half day’s drive of the Blue Ridge Parkway. It includes the mountain regions of Kentucky, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Georgia.”
They cover traditions, recipes, farming, country stores, and “everything that will allow and encourage the reader to ‘take a trip home for the weekend.’”
They pay between $25 and $250 for articles. To learn more, read their submission guidelines.
4. Army Magazine is a publication of the Association of the United States Army – a non-profit that represents the interests of members of the armed forces. According to our sources, they pay 12-18 cents per word. To learn more, read their submission guidelines.
5. Modern Farmer “aims to tell compelling stories for an audience of people who care about where their food comes from.” They publish journalism about the “people, policy, plants, animals, and technology of agriculture.” According to our sources, the pay up to $150 per article. To learn more, read their submissions guidelines.
6. Providence is a journal of Christianity and American foreign policy. They cover the intersection of faith and theology with national security and foreign policy. They pay $100 for website articles, and $250-$1,000 for print articles. To learn more, read their submission guidelines.
7. The Washington Monthly is a bimonthly magazine covering politics, government, culture and the media. They investigative and opinion based feature articles, short news items, humor, and book reviews. Features ranges from 2,000 to 5,000 words. Pay is 10 cents per word. To learn more, read their submission guidelines.
Originally appeared: freedomwithwriting.com